For college applicants awaiting decisions (and their parents waiting in the respective wings), here are some behaviors that will result in admission guarantees:
- Worrying (or talking excessively) about the impending outcome
- Attempting to predict the result
- Second-guessing your essays or application approaches
- Reinforcing in your mind that only one school will make you happy
- Comparing your accomplishments to those of other applicants in an attempt to gauge your chances
Each action is guaranteed to have absolutely no impact on the outcome itself. And they’ll almost certainly inject more anxiety into your wait.
If a strategy is guaranteed not to work, ditch the strategy.