For private counselors looking to grow your businesses, what if on every workday for the next year, you committed to doing just one of these items from the list below?
- Call or email a customer just to check in.
- Write a blog post sharing free advice.
- Record a video sharing free advice.
- Invite your three strongest competitors to lunch.
- Learn more about a relevant topic that you don’t know much about.
- Learn even more about the topic you know a lot about.
- Create a workshop on admissions, financial aid, or study skills and offer it at a local library.
- Start reading a relevant how-to book and commit to changing at least one thing based on what you learn.
- Sit at a coffee shop for one hour and write down ideas about how to improve your counseling or your business.
- Train an employee or business partner to do something you do well.
- Write a thank-you note to a customer who’s treated you well.
- Write a thank-you note to a vendor who’s treated you well.
No single item done once is likely to substantially change you or your business. But there are roughly 200 workdays in a year. Imagine what would happen when those daily actions start adding up.