1. Start a blog and share your advice freely.
2. Do free workshops at local libraries for kids who need the help
3. Start an email newsletter offering advice and send it only to people who specifically register for it (anything else is spam).
4. Get rid of any “contact us” forms on your website and instead just offer a phone number and an email address.
5. Take your five best customers (who love what you do and refer you business) out to lunch.
6. Change any references to “we” on your website to “me.” Unless you really are a “we,” in which case, use your website to introduce your team.
7. Imagine what you would do differently for your customers if you doubled your price. Then find a way to do those things at your current price.
8. Resolve to fire (nicely) any families who aren’t a good fit for you and your offering. Help them find another counselor who’s closer to what they’re looking for.
9. Attend a local NACAC affiliate conference. If you already attend, propose to do a session and give away as much useful advice as you can.