Parents often lament to us that their kids won't listen to them about college. I always remind those parents that in just a few years, your kids will realize just how right you were about almost everything.
Here's an excerpt:
On a general level, the seniors had these valuable words of wisdom to share with the younger students:
* Remember that there is a school for everyone.
* Start the process early.
* Do not to stress about the SAT.
* Put yourself in your application and essays.
* Do not wait until Dec. 31 to file your applications.
* Don’t waste high school just trying to get into college.
Lastly, it seemed that in retrospect, with the process either complete or winding down, the seniors advised the students in the audience to listen to — and be tolerant — of their parents.
Those seniors really seem to know what they're talking about.